Forget fries-shortage waves and make homemade fries for days.
Australia is currently facing a shortage of french fries, causing panic among fast-food chains and consumers alike. This shortage has been attributed to a variety of factors, including the impact of supply-chain & shipping disruptions, and unexpected weather conditions.
Despite the shortage, fast-food chains and consumers are still looking for ways to enjoy their favourite dish. One solution is to make your own fries at home. Homemade fries are a healthier and more affordable alternative to fast food and can be customised to your personal taste.
To make your own fries, you will need the following ingredients:
- Rinse and peel the potatoes, then cut them into your desired shape.
- Soak the potatoes in cold water for 30 minutes to remove any excess starch.
- Pat the potatoes dry with a paper towel.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the potatoes to the pan.
- Fry the potatoes for 5-7 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Remove the fries from the pan and drain them on a paper towel.
- Season the fries with salt and any other seasonings of your choice.
- There are many variations of homemade fries, including baked fries, sweet potato fries, and curly fries. To make baked fries, simply place the cut potatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle with oil, and bake in the oven at 200°C for 30-40 minutes or until they are crispy.
Sweet potato fries are a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional fries. To make sweet potato fries, simply follow the same instructions as regular fries, but use sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes.
Curly fries are a fun and unique twist on traditional fries. To make curly fries, use a spiraliser to cut the potatoes into spiral shapes. Then, follow the same instructions as regular fries.
In conclusion, while fast-food chains and consumers are feeling the impact of the shortage, there is a simple solution – making your own fries at home. Homemade fries are a healthier and more affordable alternative to fast food and can be customised to your personal taste.